Typical Application :
Textile Machines, Material handling equipments, Conveyors, Machine Tools, Cranes & Hoists, Glass Manufacturing Machines, Geared Motors, Wire dawing machinery, Sluice Gates, Cable reeling drum, Navy Deck Machinery, Leather processing machinery, Steel rolling mills, Special purpose machines, Defence equipments… etc.
Brake Motor is combination of an AC induction motor and an electromagnetic DC fail safe brake.
As shown in the figure brae motor consists of the following :
- AC induction motor (Foot/Flange)
- Electromagnetic DC fail safe brake type USB or UMB.
- Cooling fan after the brake for better heat dissipation and cooling of motor & brake as well.
- Rectifier unit either can be provided near to motor terminal (for AC switching) or given separately to mount them in the control panel (for DC switching).
- Manual release is an optional feature and will be provided only with our UMB series brakes.
When there is no power given to either motor or brake, the brake torque is provided by compression springs developing an axial force on the brake armature plate which ultimately presses it against mounting flange. In this condition a nominal “air gap” will be available and the rotor with the frictional surfaces remains sandwiched in between armature plate anf mounting plate.
Pelease of the brake takes place, when the power to the brake and motor is supplied at the same tme. Power to the brake coil produces strong magnetic filed and pulls the armature plate against the compression spring force towards the stator (Brake Coil) over the air gap and rotor becomes free to rotate. The attraction of the armature plate and returning to it’s original position takes place instantaneously thus failsafe nature is ensured in case of power failure.